Organization of the mission and responsibilities of the position:
Following the recent exploration mission of the Emergency Desk, the Yemen mission is opening a new exciting position of Logistic Coordinator in Aden with potentially regular travels.
SI is looking for an emergency-focused, proactive and intuitive collaborator able to lead life-saving operations in highly insecure environments.
The logistics coordinator pilot logistics activities of the mission to ensure the smooth running of SI programs in the country.
He ensures the implementation of SI procedures and logistics tools on the mission and ensure their compliance and their proper use.
He helps define the mission strategy, drafting and design projects necessary means and activities SI.
He supports the head of mission in the operational safety.
He is the referent on the mission and the link between headquarters and the mission for any issue related to logistics.
The Logistic coordinator will have the direct support of the head of mission, field coordinator and administrative coordinator, in the conduction of the above-mentioned priorities in a limited timeframe. Additional ad hoc support may be considered.
An outstanding ability to manage heavy workload and constant operational stress is required for this highly challenging position.
Education and experience
- Technical education or significant experience in the logistic sector
- Previous experience as a Log coordinator (1 year) a prerequisite
- Previous experience as a base log manager (1 year) a prerequisite
- Experience in mission opening, preferably within SI, appreciated
Knowledge and technical skills
- Expertise on local procurement
- Good and proven writing and spoke English are required
- Arabic speaking is an asset
- Transferable skills in program appreciated
- Knowledge and experience of the Yemen appreciated
- Multi-project support experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skill transfer ability highly appreciated
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities
- Great work capacity and stress management
- Capacity to work in complex and volatile environments
SI will offer
SI’s conditions for this position include:
- A salaried fixed term contract, with a gross salary, which, according to your experience, starts from 2000 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly.
- A Per Diem of 750 USD.
- Housing on the field will be managed and covered by SI
- Social and medical coverage: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités). He/she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).