Based in Sanaa, under the direct responsibility of the Head of Mission / Operations coordinator, and with the support of the Headquarter Technical Advisors and FieldCo, you will be responsible for:
-during the first months, defining the strategy of intervention through the realization of a feasibility assessment for the implementation of a multipurpose cash intervention to respond to the food security crisis in Yemen. Operational modalities, partnerships and tools will be identified during this phase
-launching, implementing and managing the cash assistance intervention
-setting up and ensuring the continuous monitoring of the activities under your management including qualitative and quantitative monitoring
-recruiting and supporting the project team
-regularly reporting on the above activities (statistic, review monthly objectives, etc.)
-ensuring external coordination and representation
-ensuring technical coordination and strategic links with other programmes at mission level
This position will require to define and implement a new programme in a challenging environment, and to also focus on a strategic level to position HI in the present and future in the food security crisis humanitarian response. During the first two months of the mission, the Project Coordinator will directly manage the assessment of the project, then subsequently set-up the required team and launch the activities as relevant. The new project staff will then be placed under the line management of the Field Coordinator. The Project Coordinator will then technically support the operational team and work on the related strategy of the mission.
Based in Sanaa with displacements to Amman (depending on security constraints & Visa obtention)
- SANAA : High level of insecurity with curfew and limited displacement, no entertainment activities, shared guesthouse/office.
- AMMAN : Western and modern life, malls, restaurant, bars etc. Possibility to move in the countey during the WE (Petra, Wady Rum, etc.). No curfew, possibility to move in taxi from one place to another. Shared guesthouse with 1 or 2 others expatriates; office separated but available by feet.
Educational background and experiences: -Degree in economics, accounting, agriculture or other relevant field preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related area -4 years in cash and voucher programming, 3 of which in project management -good theoretical and working knowledge of Cash/Food -voucher Programming -proven skills in process and group facilitation, training and capacity building -experience in humanitarian context, preferably in emergency and insecure context Skills: -ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organisation -ability to develop methodological tool and training -strong project and team management skills mandatory -strong communication and reporting skills Required languages & IT skills: -English mandatory (oral and written) -Arab would be an asset Personal Qualities: -strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Starting date: ASAP
• Length of the contract: 6 months
• Salary: from 2750€/month (gross) depending on experience
• Perdiem: 633,88€/month (net) in Amman, 550€/month (net) in Sanaa
• Hardship allowance: 500€/month (net) in Sanaa
• Insurances: medical health coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
• Paid holiday: 25 days per year
• R&R: 1 day/month (Amman), 5 days every 6 weeks (Sanaa)
• Status: single
• Housing: collective taken in charge by HI