Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
The Logistics & procurement Manager is responsible for all logistics support activities required at the field level and follows IMC procedures to ensure timely implementation of those activities. This includes Planning, Procurement, Asset management, Fleet management, Warehouse & inventory management, Transport and Distribution.
This specific role also requires excellent working knowledge of supply chain & logistics aspects of implementing cholera emergency responses in low resource settings.
The Logistics & procurement Manager contributes to ensuring that IMC’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to the Sphere Charter, IMC Minimum Standards and the NGO Code of Conduct, and endeavors to implement sustainable systems and transfer knowledge and skills to existing staff.This requires a highly motivated and detail solution oriented individual who will be able to resolve operational critical challenges as they arise.
- Part of senior management team at field level and assist the Field Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the project, in conjunction with other project managers in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population. Key member of the country senior logistics & supply chain leadership team.
- Monitor on a day-to-day basis the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the projects at the assigned field sites (Procurement, Assets, Fleet, stocks, infrastructures, communications, etc.) ensuring compliance of IMC standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Field Coordinator on the development of the ongoing programs.
- Supervises procurements through ensuring planning in coordination with program colleagues & good planning for timely delivery.
- Ensures good warehousing & inventory management systems are implemented and storage facilities are up the standards as per IMC warehousing guidelines.
- Ensure a well-functioning fleet system with sound fuel control mechanisms
- Participate in the planning together with the Logistics Coordinator, the Field Coordinator in the field in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities.
- Participate actively in the definition and update of the Emergency Preparedness Plans, defining strategies and providing advice to the field coordinator in the translation of the identified logistical / technical needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for the mission
- As a technical referent at field level for all logistics/technical issues in the field ensures both logistics and programs staff are well conversant with logistics procedures through coaching and trainings.
- Monitors technical aspects of the project risk reduction, in areas of procurement, stock management, assets, and fleet by ensuring all procedures are followed correctly and in timely manner.
- Collaborates with other field/coordination Log managers to ensure timely delivery of logistics support.
- Contributes to monthly reports according to guidelines. Ensures compliance to all IMC and donor regulations & policies. Drives supply chain & logistics performance at assigned field sites to agreed levels.
- ## Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and is not necessarily all-inclusive.
- ## Compliance and Ethics Ensure compliance with IMC policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws. Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the procurement teams.Qualifications:
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Degree or Diploma in Procurement/Supply Chain Management/Logistics or related field.
- At least 5 years of general logistics experience and at least 2-3 years of international experience in logistics in humanitarian organizations.
- Expertise in medical logistics with specific background in cholera response is a preferred requirement.
- High computer literacy level with expected proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, Photoshop and Internet.
- Ability to work independently, take personal initiative, and multi-task including strong facilitation skills in an ever changing dynamic operational environment
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to coach others and work in a team environment with experience in conducting training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and ability to work effectively in an operational environment.
- Experience in negotiating service agreements with vendors and suppliers & contract management/ supplier relationship management.
- The capability and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in sometimes difficult and challenging work situations.
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
DESIRABLE: Experience with recognized international NGO will be an added advantage.