As part of our activities in Yemen, we are looking for a Human Ressources Advisor.
Under the supervision of the Admin & Coordination Support, the HR Advisor works in close collaboration with the whole coordination team to:
- Finalize and implement the Human Resources policy in accordance with the PUI strategy and Yemeni labor law
- Standardize HR procedures and templates
- Support the administration departments in the coordination and the base with setting up a fluid HR system and communication as well as with any HR matters
- Update any outdated HR related tools and policies in accordance with PUI standards and needs
- Ensure the administrative follow-up of expatriate staff
PUI mission in Yemen has seen significant changes between in the past year. The re-installation of the coordination team in Sana’a and the imminent return of expatriates on the base of Hodeida, as well as scale up in lots of departments and the cholera emergency response made the operational environment more dynamic, fast-paced and demanding. Hodeida bases are seeing expatriates back and the projects in that area are experiencing changes and increase in number and size. In terms of administration, 2016 saw a great improvement regarding salary grid, a drafting of internal regulations, harmonization of procedures, etc. Although they were unfinished and need to be refined in 2017.
The overall objective of the position is to follow up the implementation of the new tools, developing and rolling out the mission strategy for 2017.
- HR Policy definition and application: According to the mission strategy, he/she leads the development of PUI’s HR policy in the mission in accordance with the country of operation’s relevant legal framework (including fiscal aspects) and the organization’s policies and guidelines (including antifraud, protection, abuse prevention, etc.)
- Salary grid: After the implementation of a new salary grid in 2017, a follow up and update needs to be done in order to simplify and standardize certain positions. For the end of 2017, He/She will finalize the revision of the salary grid for 2018 and HR modifications that come with it.
- Administrative management and processes: He/she supports the Admin & Fin Coo activities in the administrative management of national teams as a whole (recruitment, pay, monitoring, evaluation, training, licensing, etc.)
- National personnel development: She/he implements a clear development policy linked to objective setting and builds a plan for training and accompanying to increase the level of employee competencies. The mission objective is to have as many locally hired staff in managerial positions as possible.
Training and Experiences :
Min. Bachelor degree in HR management or other relevant qualification in similar field
Humanitarian and International experience required
At least 2 years previous experience in HR or administration related positions at coordination level.
Capacity building and staff training
Knowledge and Skills:
Required Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative and take responsibility
- Resilience to stress
- Diplomacy and open-mindedness
- Good analytical skills
- Organization and ability to manage priorities
- Proactive approach to making proposals and identifying solutions
- Ability to work and manage professionally and maturely
- Ability to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics
Desirable: French and/or Arabic
Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract – 3 months
Starting date: October 15th 2017
Monthly gross income: from 1,980 up to 2,310 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
Housing in collective accommodation
Daily living Expenses « Per diem »
Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months