SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the supervision of IRC Yemen Deputy Director, Operations, and based in Aden, the Field Coordinator will be responsible for the overall south region field coordination, program support, safety & security guidance and field management working in close collaboration with the senior management team, that’s the technical coordinators, finance controller and grants & compliance manager and all sub field-based managers. The Field Coordinator will be based in Aden with travel to other governorates and field sites depend on the security protocols.
- Coordinate all operational functions in the Aden Field office, and other program operational areas in the South governorates including facilities, travel and transport, procurement and control system, security and ensure overall management of Aden based operations team.
- Ensure operational support for program teams and coordinate with sector coordinators and managers for effective implementation of all project activities.
- Ensure health, safety and security protocols are followed at all times, and take corrective, timely actions as required and in consultation with the senior country team.
- Review IRC security plans on a regular basis and ensure they are up to date at all times.
- Support budget holders in review of budget vs. actual reports with operations staff and ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion.
- Support field staff in the implementation of personnel policies including coaching, performance evaluation, staff development, and disciplinary measures.
- Support and coordinate with Aden-based operations team all aspects of supply chain support, including procurement, stock management, asset management, vehicle and equipment renewal, maintenance and repair (including communications and computer equipment).
- Oversee under the auspices of the finance controller the financial management of field office operations, and finance/logistics staff, including cash management and transactions, operational budget.
- Ensure complete and correct use of all finance forms and timely communication of financial issues to the financial controller.
- Ensure compliance with IRC and donor finance and logistics policies, including all aspects of procurement and asset management.
- Guarantee adequate communication and coordination between field locations, technical coordination staff and country office on daily activities as well as program and operational issues.
- Support emergency needs assessments and emergency program implementation in response to the developing humanitarian situation.
- Together with national teams, develop programs and proposals for rapid and timely support of populations affected by conflict.
- Participate in the implementation of the IRC Yemen’s 5 year country strategy plan for IRC Yemen.
- Develop an operations plan to support the program activities and the scale up programming.
- Ensure the ongoing capacity building of operations team (SC, HR, Admin, IT & Security) through support to direct supervisors in ensuring staff performance evaluations and individual development plans
- Ensure appropriate support to the field bases by regular visits, and replacement of staff if needed
Coordination and Representation
- Coordinate and support the program teams to ensure quality implementation of the IRC Yemen program interventions.
- Collaborate with the health, Nutrition and WASH teams to ensure a holistic approach in line with IRC’s Program Framework principles.
- Represent IRC to UN, international and national NGOs, and attend coordination meetings as needed at the State levels as necessary such as INGOs forum at Aden level.
- Oversee implementation of field office funding, including budget forecasting, development of operational spending plans, program procurement plans in cooperation with the Health, Nutrition & WAS sectors and Grants Manager
- In coordination with the CD actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the Yemen response, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Establish networks with UN, INGOs, and local partners to promote develop strategic partnerships.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Fully qualified professional with a minimum 3-year track record in achieving strong results related to field office management.
- Strong managerial skills and ability to motivate and inspire team to achieve superior standard in all aspects of field office management.
- Demonstrated experience in asset management and control and IRC procurement and internal control procedures.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills. Arabic is a plus.
- Strong budget management experience.
- Excellent organization skills with demonstrated ability to manage large amounts of information and prioritize work.
- Good security management skills preferably in emergency & post-conflict environments. Working in Yemen before is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of communications systems (satellite communications, VHF and HF radio) preferred.
- Good working knowledge of computer software: MS Word, Excel & email applications required.
- NGO experience and knowledge of donor guideline requirements, e.g., USAID, European Commission preferred.
- Willingness to travel in very remote areas under adverse conditions.
- Resilience, record of performance in high-pressure work environments and ability to problem solve without immediate supervision.
- Excellent management and coordination skills
- Experience developing staff capacity
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting
Security level orange. The situation in Aden is tense at the moment and remains unpredictable; concerns include criminality, presence of armed troops, and looting. There is active conflict in many parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states.
Lodging in Aden is in a private bedroom, with a shared bathroom, in a shared IRC guesthouse. In field sites, accommodation similar to the head office. All IRC sites have electricity and internet all day through. Food is the individual’s responsibility.